- November 4- All Saints Sunday: With thanksgiving, in our worship on November 4, there will be a special remembrance of all the saints who have gone before us since the All Saints Sunday and a celebration of the saints made new in baptism.
- Also, please remember to make sure your clocks fall back an hour before the morning of November 4, as that is when Daylight Savings Time ends!
- November 11- Recognition of Veterans and A Prayer for Peace: This year, on November 11, we, as a nation, will celebrate the centennial of the World War I armistice. On the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month, hostilities ceased, and an armistice was signed to end the war to end all wars. Also, we will honor the original intent of this day by including prayers for peace throughout our worship.
- November 18- A Service of Thanksgiving: We will give our thanks to God with our worship on this day. As we use the readings for Thanksgiving Day, this will be a reminder for us all to give thanks to God, not only on our national holiday, but throughout all the year.
- November 25- Christ the King Sunday: November 25 we will have a special worship service celebrating the eternal King of Kings by remembering how Christ the King is revealed. The gospel text focuses on the dialogue between Pilate and Jesus in John 18.
Miss the service? Remember that on the first Sunday of the month, November 4, we will be launching the Shepherdcast, where you can catch the week’s Bible readings and sermon in a nice audio format! For more information on the Shepherdcast and to find out where you can subscribe (which is wherever you get your podcasts), please visit us online at www.sotvchurch.com/shepherdcast.